Will Rice - Progressive Communications

Tax Equity
Tucson Shooting
Wisconsin Protests
powered by

Wit and Wisdom

Then Write An Extra Check

“Hey, Jimmy, would you lift the other end of this trunk so we can get it in the car?”

“No.”

“Why not?”

“Because if you keep asking me to lift pieces of luggage, I‘ll lose interest in this trip. And I’m central to us having a good time. Check the photo albums: I’m the happy-memory-creator.”

“Son, this is a family vacation we all agreed on. Now help me with this trunk.”

“Dad, don’t you see we can’t go on packing like this? We don’t have a lack-of-lifting problem, we have a too-many-Bermuda-shorts-and-deck-shoes problem.”

“You’re right: sometimes we pack too much. But this is a long vacation and we’ve already cut down our luggage by three suitcases. The stuff in this trunk is important.  So help me lift it.”

“Look, Dad, if the trunk is so important to you—if you’ll feel guilty if we leave it behind—fell free to lift both sides yourself.  Just leave me out of it.”

“I can’t lift both sides. We each have to do our part.  Now lift the trunk!”

“Do you realize that half our family lifts no luggage at all?”

“Your mother’s in a wheelchair, and your sister’s four years old.”

“Still, it means they’re not fully invested in this vacation.  And why do lifting duties always fall to me?”

“You’re on the high school weight-lifting team.  It seems like a good fit.”

“Aha! You’re punishing my success, undoubtedly through envy.”

“Jimmy, I’m your father—we’re your family—we’re all proud of you.  We want you to succeed. But given that you can bench press the rest of us combined, it seems reasonable to ask you to lift heavy objects.”

“Sounds like socialism to me.”

“Lift the trunk!”

“Now it sounds like fascism.”

16 Comments to Then Write An Extra Check:

Comments RSS
clock spy camera on Monday, September 24, 2012 10:37 PM
whoah this blog is great i love reading your articles.| Keep up the great work! You know, a lot of people are hunting around for this info, you could help them greatly.

H2000 android on Tuesday, September 25, 2012 8:47 PM
Definitely believe that which you said. Your favorite reason seemed to be on the web the simplest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get irked while people think about worries that they plainly don't know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top as well as defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people could take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks

cheap stun guns on Friday, September 28, 2012 3:40 AM
This information was surely an incredibly great examine. My partner and i has been impressed by the contents of this article. I can not wait around to view what else you might have in store for all of us. I am surely getting excited about the next publish. Thanks regarding discussing!

Louis Vuitton iPhone 5 Case on Tuesday, October 23, 2012 10:20 PM
This kind of a lot that you simply made me need to discover more. Your weblog has grow to be a stepping stone for me, my friend.

N9588 android on Tuesday, January 22, 2013 4:28 AM
The change from paper to electronic documentation is often frightening. CRIM provides the service and expertise to make this change simple and seamless.

android tablet pc on Thursday, April 18, 2013 12:50 AM
See here the latest and greated android tablet pcs and computers. ... "8 Inch Android 2.2 Tablet Pc - A8 with FreeScale Imx515 Cortex Chipset and 512GB RAM ...

W8 android on Friday, February 22, 2013 2:55 AM
Fine, sound like very exceptional write-up. I like the story you have shared here about your client. I’m looking for read out more. Thanks W8 quad core phone W8 android

Jordans Kicks on Monday, April 08, 2013 1:50 AM
Yes, I am director of Billy Ocean concert, I went to more than 50,000 people, I do not like him, is to go, but I concert, but you choose think about sea Billy when ... when you have a Monica ...feng

sex toys online on Monday, May 06, 2013 6:16 PM
Car donation is not new to the world. People from different parts of the world are now doing it in order to help the veterans of the society. Those who are not should definitely Donate Car if they can. The veterans are those people who have lived their life in order to make the society a better plac

bubble necklace burgundy on Wednesday, August 14, 2013 9:14 PM
Great work! That is the type of info that should be shared across the net. Shame on Google for now not positioning this put up higher! Come on over and seek advice from my site . Thanks =)

fashion jewelry on Monday, August 19, 2013 9:12 AM
One more thing. I think that there are numerous travel insurance web pages of trustworthy companies that allow you enter a trip details and find you the estimates. You can also purchase this international holiday insurance policy online by using your current credit card. All you need to do will be to enter your current travel specifics and you can be aware of the plans side-by-side. Simply find the system that suits your capacity to pay and needs after which use your credit card to buy it. Travel insurance on the internet is a good way to begin looking for a respected company with regard to international travel insurance. Thanks for revealing your ideas.

kid clothing for adults on Wednesday, December 11, 2013 8:28 PM
Thanks for Great Info !! Its very useful & I like it!!

dissertation help services on Saturday, May 17, 2014 4:32 AM
It is significant to write a complete dissertation proposal as this will decrease your work when you finally write the actual dissertation.

perfect resume services on Monday, May 19, 2014 4:31 AM
It is your career and all your career dreams at wager! Your resume is not the place to cut corners. It is well value the extra currency to pay for the excellence and knowledge of a true expert resume writer.

strona www on Friday, December 05, 2014 12:40 PM
the house hold that will serve while as well as creative, but will also practical Will end up being invaluable after we will likely need to equipment great spaces, such as the vast tops, excellence slow typically the edges

cheap watches for men on Saturday, January 03, 2015 6:59 AM
excellent post, very informative. I wonder why the other experts of this sector don't notice this. You must continue your writing. I'm confident, you've a great readers' base already!